Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hungry kya???

By the time the dwarves diminished from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect HUNGER.
That’s what happens to me when the clock strikes 12. I feel an enormous tide of hunger creeping over me like some tsunami wave gorging on an unsuspecting surfer. My head begins to reel and my brain goes numb (it doesn’t work anyways) and I feel the blood drain off my face. Slowly I motivate myself to hold on chair and I take inspiration from the PC lying infront of me which untiringly gives me incomprehensible errors since I have joined satyam even though it has had nothing to eat. I allow the adrenalin to pump into my blood so that I can cover that last mile of my journey to the heavenly abode of Satyam’s Cafetaria. By the time it is 12:30 my condition is so critical that if a doctor is nearby then he will surely pronounce me as brain dead (sometimes my sixth sense senses vultures flying outside the building). I start having delusions and see a banana split, pau bhaji, mozzarella cheese filled tacos, and strawberry with cream flying around me. I feel my heartbeat failing and my pulse reducing to a trickle. I try remembering my name but in return my mind devoid of food gives me the name of thai currys and pizza varieties. Slowly as the clock ticks by I announce farewell to my life and just as the darkness threatens to take take over I see the digital clock striking 1:00 pm on the right hand bottom corner of my computer screen. Had the clock not struck 1:00 I would have started looking for food in the office itself maybe targeting some of the weak associates who will offer less fight to my food deprived body. Cannibalism would have been my only salvage. But God has something else in mind.
I get up from my faithful chair to go for lunch noticing that all the other associates feverishly banging their keyboards, sweat gleaming from their foreheads due to overexertion and not noticing that their pupils are dilated way too much. I try to save their lives by pulling them away from their beloved work and have some food so that their souls do not leave their bodies.
Finally I manage to gather a congregation and we march like exhausted war heroes to the cafeteria wielding out wallets instead of bayonets.
“food food” we shout in unison and vanquish the various counters available. We find other hoards of hungry animals like us flocking sheepishly at the food counters. Finally the only solution to our grave problem arrives and we greedily consume the food not even bothering to chew it lest we are able to eat less of it in the given time.
With the happiness of a toddler who has just discovered the pleasures of walking I get up from the table and then go back to my cabin to prepare for another hard battle – fight against the vicious sleep that attempts to trounce any constructive work that my brain tries to indulges in.
The saga continues next time…..keep watching this place for the bloody battle that ravages the campus of satyam and the empty head of their employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment